Monday, October 3, 2011

Intro to Firefall experience and Red 5 STUDIOS




EXCLUSIVE ARTICLE WRITTEN BY SWORDANDKEYBOARD.COM




When I first saw a clip about Firefall I immediately wanted to know the company name which turned out to be Red5 Studios. Cool name and I am not sure where name came from but I will try and get that info.


Once I found out the name I looked up or tried to get info on the devs. When I read the name Mark Kern bells went off, I knew this company could be a player in the mmo market. I did some research and found out they had a huge backer.  I knew this company would be a company I would have to watch I immediately told people in the guild i'm in.. ...  as usual they ignored me as they probably think I am some schmuck that is clueless. 


There most likely thinking what does this old guy know about games LOL. What i am sure is they never realize is the average age of a developer is around 40 years old not 20. Also the older the dev the most success he or she most likely will have from experience of failures that can be used in future work.


Anyway back to my topic...  the CEO of Red 5 Studios here is his minimized resume....



Mark E. Kern is best known for being Team lead on the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft and a founder of Red 5 Studios.
  • World of Warcraft (2004), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
  • Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (2003), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
  • Diablo II (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
  • Diablo II (Collector's Edition) (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
  • StarCraft 64 (2000), Nintendo of America Inc.
  • StarCraft (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
  • StarCraft: Brood War (1998), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
  • Star Reach (1994), Interplay Entertainment Corp.

Yeah, holy crap I said to myself, and he is putting together an impressive staff for a FREE TO PLAY   SHOOTER mmo called firefall. Sounds like win.





No comments:

Post a Comment